Soundcraft Ghost 8 bus - Mackie 8 bus - choice problem

ANCH

Hi? I need for mixing console & don't know what -Soundcraft Ghost 8 bus or Mackie 8 bus.
Tell me please what are you think about it.

I've used the Mackie and was only half-impressed - have NOT used the Ghost, but every BBS I frequent the vote would be about 6-1 in favor of the Ghost as near as I can tell. I hope half an answer is better than none... Steve

i'm working with MACKIE 24/8bus and had opportunity to work with GHOST, and i have to say that GHOST is better choice (for live performance) , cause it has more aux outputs wich is really great when you don't have monitor mix pult. For example, i use four separate monitor lines, and Mackie has only 4 aux outputs that can use in the same time, but i use aux for reverb to, and then have to use tips and tricks with MIX B. So, for Live GHOST is better choice..
For studio, MACKIE is great, and cheaper, and I realy enjoy to work with them

Definitely the Ghost.

Another option, if you are willing to consider second hand gear is the Soundcraft Spirit Studio...............24 channel (I believe there is a 32 channel as well), 8 buss, in line console which was the forerunner to the Ghost.

The Mackie 8 buss consoles were designed with some compromises to allow them to be both a "live" and "studio" console. Soundcraft put out two different consoles...........the Studio 8 buss and the Live 4 buss, each one being having features more suited to a specific application.

The fact that Soundcraft pre's and EQ's are somewhat "nicer" than the Mackies doesn't go astray either.

:cool:

I like Mackies just fine but the Ghost is the better of the two. The pre's are fairly simaler but that's where the simalarities end.

Ghost!
I have used both a little. The pres on the SC are nicer. Plus, the board is layed out a little better in my opinion. (And you get to spell analog with a 'u' ANALOGUE):p

--MIKE

Have Mackie

I have the Mackie 24-8 and it is not bad at all. Very felxible, sounds good etc. My main complaint however is the EQ. Don't really like the sound of the EQ and though I have not used the GHOST, I have heard that the EQ on the Ghost is superior. I can believe it and, if I had it to do again (actaully, I might or could if'n I really wanted to) I would probably choose the Ghost budget permitting.

Back