smaller mixer with 4 or more direct outs?

sk8ingsnowman

I am having trouble finding an affordable mixer with 4 or more direct outs. I don't need a huge mixer. I mainly just need the preamps, but preamps themselves are expensive and I figure I should just get the whole mixer. If anyone knows of a smaller mixer with a lot of direct outs please let me know.

Any help would be awsome.
Thanks

You made newbie mistake 1A. You forgot to mention a budget. ;)

Anyhoo, the Mackie 1202VLZ PRO has inserts, so you can use that. And even cheaper, the Behringer MX1604A have an "alternative" buss, so you can still get 4 mics to 4 different outputs, so that might be worth a try?

I agree with regebro go with the Behringer the pre amps on there little boards are really good, and the hardware is really great for traveling as well. (small gig's and stuff of that nature)

Check out the soundcraft MD4: direct out on every channel and great pre's!

I know budget DOES matter, but try to avoid BEhringer mixers: had bad experiences with it!

Some channels are dead on arrival, if not all...

summing more than 8 tracks is deadly for your sound ...

as is using the EQ (mic positioning is the key word!) ...

noisy pres, noisy pots, noisy faders, noisy push-buttons (snap, crackle & pop)...

the older ones (mackie-grey as opposed to silver) seem to be a LOT better quality then the post-mackie-trial ones...

(I own a 2642a, I know what Behringer means.. now I know better)

Herwig

sk8ingsnowman said:
I have heard a lot of people ripping on Behringer mixers. Are they really that bad?

you have to be lucky: I know several ppl who own behringer mixers with noisy channels, and I know a few who have less problems with it.

I say, don't take the chance, and go for a little more. I'm still a soundcraft fan: check out the MD-4.

BrettB said:
I say, don't take the chance, and go for a little more. I'm still a soundcraft fan: check out the MD-4.

I agree with that. Even a fully functional Behringer is going to sound like crap compared to a better mixer.

Back