Sapphire 6 with Presonus Tube Pre.

NLAlston

I have the Sapphire 6 USB Audio Interface, and wish to use my Presonus Tube Preamp with it. I love the warmth that I get from the Tube Pre, and want to be straight in the proper way in which to use it with my interface.

The Sapphire 6 has phantom power, and I don't know if this should be 'ON' - when having the Tube Pre connected - or 'OFF'.

Advanced thanks.

It doesn't matter whether phantom power is on or off on the Sapphire 6 USB, if you are connecting the preamp properly...

The second part of that statement is very important...

your answer is : you do not need the phantom power on the saffire 6.

I see you have balanced/XLR or unbalanced/line level outputs of the preamp.

I guess your using XLR cables between the presonus out and saffire6 INput....

if you want you can just use a unbalanced cable and not be concerned. the Saffire6 has the combi jacks so you can stick the plug in the center if you choose or use a xlr.

Saffire 6-

CONNECTIVITY

Analogue Channel Inputs (Inputs 1-2)
• 2 x XLR Mic/Line/Inst Neutrik Combi-Jacks (Inputs 1-2)
• Automatic switch of Mic / Line (inserting a jack switches from Mic to either Line or • Instrument (instrument selected via front panel)

Have you had time to try the MONO button/switch? I'm assuming ots for playback with the button by the monitor knob.

I really like the function for checking mixes and its odd the USB 6 has it on the front , and the more expensive units don't?...I was about to get the Saf 24 or 14 version...but ...no mono button. aarrg

Back