sansui wsx1 problem

Tonyzxy

Desperate songwriter dependent upon Sansui wsx1 needs help. The mix-down B-deck of my brand new, never used, but out-of-guarantee machine is locking in the engaged position. The tapehead will not retreat into its bay upon pressing "Stop". For a technical illiterate such as myself, this renders the entire unit useless, as I can neither install, nor remove the tape from the B-deck. The tapehead comes out - but the damn thing won't go back again.

Am I doomed - or is there any hope? I depend upon the machine for making demo-recordings of songs, and am therefore unable to work. If any of you technical geniuses know anything about this fault, how it may be fixed, or which other site or agency might be of assistance - then I can offer you nothing in return but the heartfelt lifelong gratitude of a desperate man.

With thanks for your time and attention

Tony.

Take it in to a repair shop in your area that deals with cassette machines and get an estimate. They will charge you if you say no, but at least you will know what you are dealing with.

As far as finding a shop to take it to, call all of them and ask if they work on audio cassette machines. The most enthusiastic 'yes' will be the one you want to trade with. The fact that it is a multitrack shouldn't matter too much - all cassette decks share the same basic operation.

It sounds to me like something fairly simple so it shouldn't cost a ton to repair.

Back