Recording Light

TheGuardian

Hi.
Can anyone direct me to where I can purchase a red light for the outside of my studio room that says something like "Recording" or "Recording in Progess"??

Thanks!

Regards,
Andrew

This is where I got mine. WARNING! I you get one that has the "flasher" thing in the socket with the bulb to make it blink, take it out and throw it away. Everytime it flashes, you'll hear a little tick in your recording. This will REALLY piss you off. I know.
http://markertek.com/

If you want to make one just build or salvage a box and get a thin piece of plexi from Home Depot. Get a sign shop to create the vinyl lettering and put it on the plexi. Put a colored bulb in the box and wire it up.

You could probably do it for $20-50. You might find an emergency exit sign that you can convert.

Cheaper?????

Get one of them round battery powered lights that you hang on a closet wall...

Take a black magic marker to the lens and write RECORDING
You'll have to put a new set of batteries in every 3 weeks or so, but if you can't afford 2$ every few weeks, you shouldn't have a studio ;)

Or......

Print out a piece of paper with "RECORDING IN PROGRESS"on it... Have it laminated at your local staples...

Punch a hole and hang it on a nail on the wall outside the studio..... Flip it to the blank side when you aren't recording...

Very functional.

It don't get much cheaper than that...

Thanks for the link to that site. I just visited. They have a lot of good studio stuff.

Furniture and such that you don't see everywhere else. I'm thinking buying a roll-around mixer stand.

I have mine on one now, but the legs come off the base too high and then angle down at 90 degrees. The one I looked at had the legs parallel with the floor. About $100 bucks.

on air / recording lights

sure. www.studio-lights.com $99 including free worldwide delivery.. we use these in all our television studios never had a problem. The last ones we brought were $15 discounted because we saw a post on twitter. if your buying one try it on and tell them you saw a twitter discount.

sure. www.studio-lights.com $99 including free worldwide delivery.. we use these in all our television studios never had a problem. The last ones we brought were $15 discounted because we saw a post on twitter. if your buying one try it on and tell them you saw a twitter discount.

this thread is 7 years old. welcome to the board. helluva start.

who cares if its 7 years old wanker, people can still benefit from what's in it or added to it

that brings up another point. how many homerecorders do you know that have a flashing 'RECORDING' light outside of their bedrooms or garage studios?

this thread was fail from day one. bumping after 7 years is even worse.

get out of here. both of you.

bedroom studio

that brings up another point. how many homerecorders do you know that have a flashing 'RECORDING' light outside of their bedrooms or garage studios?

guitar-recording-light-on.JPG

guitar-recording-light.JPG

I've got a recording light outside of my studio. Its wired to a lightswitch inside my studio. With 3 kids it really does work. They know to look for the light before opening up the door.

Or you could put a drummer out side panhandling for loose change!
That would keep most anyone away from the door.

Back