Recording Headphones - Looking for opinions

JennyW

Hi,

I need to get some good recording headphones.
I am willing to spend a decent amount of money ($150 range).

I heard the Sony MDR7506’s are good.
What does everyone think of them?

What other kinds of headphones are you all aware of?

Thanks a lot,
Jenny

They are very good headphones and from what I have been reading on these boards one of the most popular. You should be able to pick a set up for $100.

scodu

my vote goes for the sonys...their the industry standard if that means anything. you'll see those sony in every studio, the other day i saw mick jagger with a set on his head while recording some crap. i absolutley love my pair and its been the best 100 bucks ive spent.

Jenny, Jenny, Jenny: [Kind of sounds like Gary Grant, huh?]

Be sure to check out the Beyer 250 cans. They run about 133 pezzutos. I'm sure the Sony cans are also good. I have several pair of cans in my studio -- AKG, Sony, JVC wireless, and Beyer.

I won't tell you that I have ash cans, garbage cans, beer cans, tin cans, soup cans, and CAN CANS!!!

But, I will say that the Beyer are good cans and, NO, I don't work for them or for a vendor.

Green Hornet:D ;) :p :cool:

yes, i second that, beyer makes very good headphones...yet another viable option to confuse the weary buyer!

I keep hearing that the Sony's are the industry standard.

I've always seen AKG 240's as the industry standard.

Maybe it's a coastal thing?

AKG headphones

Once again, mine are 20 years old, have never had a problem and sound absolutly flat and uncolored.

They are comfortable for up to 8 hours at a time with little or no ear fatigue to speak of.

Carl

Thanks for all the replies guys!

Around how much do the AKG 240s and Beyer headphones cost?

Are the Sony MDR7506’s expensive?

Thanks,
Jenny :-)

Jenny, honey, sweetie,

It doesn’t matter what kinda cans you pick up – they all sound the same.
Pick up the cheapest pair and be done with it.

chaaaaaa

Back