Recommendations for music-making PC software?

codesrule

Here's a brief...
I'm looking for a music program that lets you record tracks and mix.

And if you feel like really helping (will be appreciated)... I need a computer program that allows you to record multiple vocal and instrument tracks, and be able to mix them without impaired ability for the user to be creative. If these functions come in separate programs, that will be okay too.

I want to be able to make songs with my own vocals and electric guitar. Later I'll want to be able to add bass and drums. (I'm into the heavy metal, by the way.)

I've tried FL Studio 5--it's good for me for two reasons. First, it has a virtual piano that sounds instantly--this is how I make my music. Second, I want to be able to add virtual bass and maybe even drums for now for the trial--I consider their fake bass and drums decent-sounding. But that program I've heard is cheap...

Does anyone recommend that I get FL Studio along with the recording/mixing program(s)? or is there something that has everything I'm looking for? I have been considering US-122 for the recording and mixing. How is this system?

I want good quality sound, of course. User-friendly is very nice too...but not mandatory. Thanks in advance.

Programs:

Nuendo <<< Most Expensive(I think)

Sonar<<< Perfect for making anykind of music(Best for Home Studio)

Adobe Audition<<< Good for editing and stuff

Cool Edit Pro<<< Lots of people have this(I've heard it is the eaisiest to learn)

I think you should personally check these out. Try a demo from the site to see which is best for you.

Back