Patchbay's gone SMART... check this out :)

applejax

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this has been posted here before or not but what the heck. It's 2 AM right now, and I was just about to go to bed and I was reading the EQ Mag's latest buyers guide. I was looking in the patchbay's section just for fun. (now I sort of never really understood patchbays...but of course now i do...but i ALWAYS hated the idea of cables upfront.) Well while browsing through... I came accross THIS (it's a PDF btw).

Now if you dont want to read that then i'll explain. It's a normal patchbay with normal TRS inputs on the back panel.. But the FRONT is just buttons. So you dont need ANY patch cords!! It's also programmable with MIDI too.. I think everyone should check this out and tell me what you think? It's list price is $899...but I THINK it's only sold in the UK. Anyone know of anything else like this? :)

Last edited:
They are usually called Matrix Switchers or something similar. Stuff like that has been around for years. I didn't download the PDF but if it's only a typical 48 point PB then you could buy 3-4 regular ones for that price.

They are usually used in large installations with multiple sound systems where you have to send different signals to different rooms like hotel ballrooms, etc.

I never knew they were called that lol. Well i want to buy one thats a bit cheaper. I want to get one cause i hate cables out front... you know? Thanks for the info :)

Back