My Wharfedale monitors

Herm

Ok got my Wharfedale 8.2a active monitors today.
First let me say I have been mixing on jbl g200 stereo speakers for the last years. In the past I have had alesis 1 monitors spirit 2,s Jbl 4208,s and event
20/20 bas monitors in the past. And never had any luck with any of them but alot of that could be my room,s always sucked. And the one I have the Wharfedales in does to but that is going to change soon I hope. Plus my hearing is not what it should be cause of hearing loss, But its not a frequancy thing just a volume problem. But these monitors are very loud.
When I first unpacked them I noticed the finish is a spray painted dark metalic finish and the build quality is as good as any of the monitors I listed a bove. The rear panel on these has xlr 1/4 combination balanced inputs and rca unbalanced inputs, Some may not care for that but its great for me cause all of my mixer outputs use rca. The back panel has volume control and bass cut switch. When I turned the monitors on there wasnt any speaker thump like I had with the 20/20,s which is a good thing.
Another cool thing you notice when you turn them on is the bright blue power lights on the front of the monitor, this is something all monitors should have so you dont forget to turn them off.
First listen to the monitors I was thinking man I need some bottom end .
But the longer I listen and push them with some volume they are starting to sound right. I will have to say they are crisp, and think they will mellow out after some use. you will hear reverb trails that go from hell to breakfast. Imaging is very good. Bottom end is not muddy at all.
And Im hearing shit in cds that I never heard before. Things that most of you would never let slide in your mixes or playing.
I havnt had a chance to mix on these yet but hope to in the next week or so.
For now I would have to give them a thumbs up especialy for the low price of
297.00 shipped to my door.
Forgot to mention that I got these form Deepwater here on the board which is a Wharfedale dealer.

Last edited:
Back