multi channel FX

kristian

The behringer virtualiser or something boasts 2 channels of different FX. anyone knnow of any 4 channel FXs processors, or any other 2 channel processors?

I don't know how well distributed they are in your country(which I visited a few times,and got to play at the original Cavern in Liverpool,loved it!),but Ensoniq had a box out a few years ago called the DP-4,which did up to 4 fx at a time.Pretty sure they're in stereo...then there's the Digitech Studio Quad,and the older Alesis Quadraverb.Be aware,however,that these units usually have only 1 CPU so the more stuff you try to do with 'em,you usually have to make some compromises with either the sound quality or the sophistication of each effect.More recently there's the TC Electronic M-One,either 2 stereo or 4 mono fx,and the Lexicon MPX500. Cheers!

Thanks for that info! and yes, i may live in England but i dont think im british, well, by passport i have slovenian parents, born in Miami, grew up in england/houston/dallas, and who knows where the rest of my life ill be going. i grew up here, 8 years in total, 1 year this time around, 7 the time before. between the two times and before the first i lived in.... you guessed it houston, tx. And now im moving to Austin. Going to go to UT for university. Ill keep a look out forhe M-One and MPX500 thanks!

Yo Kristian:

I have an Esonique DP-4 and it sure does have four FX outputs in it; but, the problem is, I don't need four at once very often. The DP4 is a heck of a unit but it is large, old and large. I don't even know if Ensonique makes them any more; they do have some very interesting FX patches on the unit and I'm glad I have one; but, most of the time, I use the Alesis midi-verb 3.

Cheers,
Green Hornet

Back