monitor size

riccol

Looking for input from the experiece here.
How do you decide on monitor size, especially to get a reasonable bass reference.
Looking at some KRK 6" and a few other 8" models. I know you have to listen, listen, listen.
And the final choice is subjective.
But I have read great reviews and reports on some models like the Rokit RP5 and even the RP6, but often ones say a real bass reference is nonexistant, Which I could understand at that size.

But what has been your experience on deciding on monitor size to get a good bass reference?

How do you decide on monitor size, especially to get a reasonable bass reference.
Looking at some KRK 6" and a few other 8" models. I know you have to listen, listen, listen.
And the final choice is subjective.
But I have read great reviews and reports on some models like the Rokit RP5 and even the RP6, but often ones say a real bass reference is nonexistant, Which I could understand at that size.

But what has been your experience on deciding on monitor size to get a good bass reference?

$$$$$....:D:D

How do you decide on monitor size, especially to get a reasonable bass reference?
The general trade off is size vs headroom vs extension. A small woof can go low, but not loud. It can go louder if the bandwidth is restricted, or with more distortion. What's reasonable bass extension? 50Hz, at a moderate volume, in a small room?

BTW, I'll be trying these new 'Mini Timepieces- about a six inch, -3db @ 42Hz. We'll see how they fair in this 15x20' room. :D
http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/index.php?PHPSESSID=i2qd914foqsv91ih1pukl5df22&topic=43286.0

Last edited:
Back