mogami 2552 cable

SubA

I bought three 20' mic cables built with this cable for $65, and man is it thin. I've done a few searchess and realize I didn't get quite the deal I initially thought, but what I couldn't find were any reviews. I've done a half ass A/B with voice only and this 2552 sounded better than the other one, but not strikingly, and that other cable is beat to hell. Anyway, does anyone have any experience/thoughts on the 2552 cable? I plan to try it out on guitars this weekend.

thanks...

adam

I know of Mogami's (and others) reputation, but I'm specifially concerned about this 2552 "flex" cable. A 20' Gold Series Mogami cable at my local pro shop is >$50, but I can get THREE of these flex jobs for $65.

thanks...

adam

Next time you want to buy mic cables you should check out Markertek.com. You could have bought the same cable and soldered on your own Neutrik XLR connectors for half of the price you paid.

I have some 2552 for patch cords and behind my rack. I like it. You could have made those cables for around $35 with the gold neutrik connectors. The $50 mogami gold series ones can be made for around 16-17 dollars. I like to buy from redco.com. Good prices and they know what they're doing. If you want a thicker cable there is the 2549, then the 2934 is the quad cable. (I think that's what they use in the Gold Series, not sure) But redco.com has the best prices I've seen on cable.

Back