Making Headphone Extensions

Wireneck

Ok so i did a search about making headphone extensions. I found that I should use 18/3 portable cordage or extension cord wire because its flexible and will fit inside the 1/4 trs jacks. Does anyone have an idea on how much this stuff is by the foot? I can't seem to find it on the lowes website and I won't get a chance to actually go to lowes untill later this week.
Also where should i pick up the Trs male and female connectors at? Whoever has the cheapest price is cool with me since its just headphone cables but im not sure where I should buy from.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yo Wireneck:

You can buy curly cord stereo connecting cords at Radio Shack. Or you can punch up www.martek.com and peruse their "large selection of cords/patch cords.

As for making them yourself, one of our astute cord-makers will have to help you out.

Green Hornet:D ;) :p :cool:

Thanks Green hornet- I own a few store bought extensions but I need a few more that are fairly long so I figured that I might could save some cash by making them but Im not sure yet.

BTW the www.martek.com link didn't work for me.

Wireneck said:
I own a few store bought extensions but I need a few more that are fairly long so I figured that I might could save some cash by making them but Im not sure yet.
How long do you need them. I sell a 25 foot, heavy duty, headphone extension cord for $6. See:

http://moreme.info

SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM:D Just kiddin', can't beat that price makin' 'em myself. I'll be placing my order.

Yo Wireneck:

I made an error; as I used to tell my students when I taught, "This is the first mistake I made since I've been teaching...." I lie a great deal.

Here is the correct site; however, Harvey's offer sounds great.

www.markertek.com

Harvey,
thanks for popping in. Yesterday I had a band out here tracking and it was just diasaster day for headphones. Your "more me" phones came across my mind and the more I thought about it today, I decided that I might as well get the extensions from you at the same time. So you will probably be getting an order from me in the next month or so.

Back