looking for a speaker wire adapter

.:Wyze Loc:.

ive own a pair of of studio monitors and im looking for a adaptor for the red/black speaker connectors to make em go to a 1/4" output jack.
do these even exist?
please help

if they are binding post type with the correct spacing you are talking about a bannana connector to a TS female adaptor
whirlwind makes one called ( AD1) if you are talking about push terminals which is more often the case on monitors then you will need bare end wire to 1/4 ts female which you can make. If you are not so inclined then just get an AD1 and cut off the bannana and put that end into the push terminals. Planet waves make a split bannana end cable if the spacing is not standard.

Those arent really studio monitors but what are you tryin to connect it to? More than likely they need to go to an amp. Man just use speaker wire. If its bananna clip then get the speaker cables from Radioshack they have color coded dual pin plugs on each end.

Nicole

.:Wyze Loc:. said:
yea i think they'll need an amp...what kind of amps do these things use?
Those are just really cheap PA speakers. You will need a PA amplifier. DO NOT try to feed 1000 watts rms into these things, you will blow them up. In fact, as soon as you get them, put them back up on ebay. If you paid more than $50 for the pair, you got ripped off.

These things are good for small (very small) DJ rigs or maybe vocal monitors for your rehearsal space, but that's about it.

Man when ever in doubt ask. They will tell u ne thing just to make a sale. I remember seeing those one time before and I was like yeah right people.

Nicole

yer it says you can get refunded if your not happy. dont be happy with them.
If you were going to use them you would need to buy a power amp.
Also you can see he is selling the exact same speakers just 500 watts this time and the title is "Pro DJ speakers PA" so they arent studio monitors at all and i bet you that they boost the bass so it wont be accurate. Refund them, you dont need 1000 watts .. get KRK active Rokits if you need monitors, you will be able to get them at the same price and they are powered/active so you wont need an amp.

yea i was trying to return them but they said ill only get back what i paid for em and i wont get the shipping back

can i sue for false advertising?

.:Wyze Loc:. said:
yea i was trying to return them but they said ill only get back what i paid for em and i wont get the shipping back

can i sue for false advertising?
It would cost you more than the shipping charge.

$ .02

save them for bbq's and the like or give to little brother.... welcome to the club weve all been ther,,, just not as recently..... and consider yourself..... Wyzer

white van?
so ive been scammed..damn how did these guys become power sellers on eBay
well i guess im goin back to musiciansfriend.com
...so these speakers are useless?

hey since these are PA speakers, then can i hook em up to a home audio receiver and then connect the recevier to my mobile pre?

Back