Lexicon Audio Interface problem

Ianuarius

I bought this cheap Lexicon Alpha audio interface (with 75 EUR) and I haven't quite been able to get it work yet. It plays everything ok (I've got my speakers plugged in its headphones output) but trying to record anything with Reaper is a pain in the ass.

First of all I can't use its native ASIO drivers since Reaper just keeps bugging me about some buffers:

There was an error while opening your audio hardware:

Error initializing buffers.

Would you like to view your audio device configuration?​

So I'm using ASIO4ALL because I have to. Now I was trying to record something with my midi keyboard but when I turn monitoring the output on Reaper plays it thru my laptop speakers instead of my "real" speakers.

I can't figure this shit out. Why does Reaper keep bugging me about those buffers? I read somewhere that I can't use the Lexicon Alpha ASIO drivers if some other program is open and using them already... but that's a bunch of bullshit. I bought the damn thing to make my life easier and up til now it's only made it more difficult.

What am I doing wrong?

I've got Windows 7 (64 bit) and ASIO4ALL 2.10 and Reaper 3.75 (64 bit).

Did you download and update the driver from the Lexicon website? The one that comes with the unit was not up to date when I bought an Alpha years ago. They usually are not.

Go to Control Panel 'Sounds' I believe, and make the Alpha the default sound device for the laptop. The built in one is probably fighting for prioriy.

It is the default playback device. The Realtek HD Audio Speakers aren't even plugged in.

In recording devices Lexicon Alpha In/Out is default device.

Back