KSM44 or a KSM27

I would think the reverbs are well done these days, the DSP are so powerful and fine tuned.
I have a old 80's or 70's rack reverb in the garage and it sounds "live" but adds noise, doesnt beat out the ITB reverbs and options there.

starting to recall noises are all moot once the drummer starts playing. then its "groove is on"....... just get the "band" going....tempo, groove....coffee...reuben.

Whats your playback system today?

the 1-Mic decision is hard....yeah...it would open up money. just adding the 44 was a serious shootout in the mic world and my budget. it is what it is.. i did feel a little sense of success with the LA2A smashing in a good way which wasnt even planned. ,, yeah ... imo, once the processing is on its a different game.
days later im feeling the KSM27 once the foam is on, once processing is on its a different mic, like SOS stated...in a huge way the plosives arent reduced, they're gone with the foam!! weird physics....a tiny change and huge change. weird. without the foam i digress it has a plosive pop problem damn...ahah

the 44 no doubt would sell easily. its pedigree is higher than mine. it doesnt even need eq or foam or a not even a windscreen....its just badass. its mentally got a lot of good press form thse with the studio gear maximus too.

time for a pot of coffee.... buying new gear. i still havent gotten the load of foam and corner wedges put up yet. ..the Symetrix 628 hasnt even been plugged in! ..no more buying...maybe selling. Son picked up a AKAI MPK something and it connects and ties striaght into Fruity Loops and is really nice sounds, playback in the car is better than the stuff Im doing....super low bass sonic booms I worry about my speakers blowing out though.

im thinking playback systems today?

I can't afford to get heading down that playback hole - what I got will have to do. Boy, have I been tempted to get new fones over the last year ! hahaha I have been tempted with the cheap under $100 desktop "monitors", but then I rationalize up to the Presonus 4.5 at about twice the price.

The KLARK are nice, but there is no way its 'verb sounds as big as the old ART dr1. Its not as much of a deal with synthetic sounds. The Novation and Casio have DSP, anyway

I was reading around a little and some old Reverb rack units were used on big albums sounding great, and some are $200 ish...in stereo....is it better than Line6 Reverb Plugs? I dont know...isnt it all in the settings?
Im not a Reverb aware dude...I love it but its like Mustard, a little is perfetc but easily is too much and ruins the sandwich.

I can't afford to get heading down that playback hole - what I got will have to do.

if it will play classical really well and loud, then the pop stuff needs to step up its sound image to sound good.
a nice tower set and a huge power amp, maybe tube, but maybe a good old Carver Amp would work fine.

hang some carpets and diffusor bookshelfs around from the book sale....would be some fun there.

I didn't have a whole lot of problem with that in eBaits used section. The Akai speakers are 98dB SPL at one watt, so my dinky Akai and HK receivers have more than enough.

The Bose 301vII found a home and the bedroom with the little Akai amp and that is where my FAV Classical CD resides

Carver can be cool. I had to clean-up a hi-power receiver for my friend who got Holiday Glitter inside the chassis. Back then, I can't say the sound was that good - compared to the Hafler and NAD that followed ?

No need for hanging stuff over here. With my balance problems, I rarely have to go a step without something to grab on to.

so maybe padded walls and padded floor?

classical.....it hasnt suffered the loudness butch hair cut yet...

I didn't have a whole lot of problem with that in eBaits used section. The Akai speakers are 98dB SPL at one watt, so my dinky Akai and HK receivers have more than enough.

The Bose 301vII found a home and the bedroom with the little Akai amp and that is where my FAV Classical CD resides

Carver can be cool. I had to clean-up a hi-power receiver for my friend who got Holiday Glitter inside the chassis. Back then, I can't say the sound was that good - compared to the Hafler and NAD that followed ?

No need for hanging stuff over here. With my balance problems, I rarely have to go a step without something to grab on to.

yeah I liked the NAD small amp I had, never tried the Adcom...the Carver seemed well built but never had the HiFi speakers (it was used as a PA amp in the sons bands early days..bridged.) now they plug in a mic into the active monitor and its done for practice or small partys....the bars all have the massive huge pa systems.

i know youve shown some nice amps previously. no tower speakers? 5way....4ways?

Where to put them ? Big bookshelf like my Akai, did the same thing with those tilt back floor stands. Back when I was looking for the Rogers Sound Lab and bought the AKAI, I had Wharfedale w70 on my list. I had a corner I could stack them ! hahaha
https://youtu.be/l7E5lvg4ri4

I also thought about new Ohm Acoustics. At that time, it might of been 1200 bucks for smaller models. I see, today, there's is some tasty stuff on the OHM site for OHM retreads

Im starting to see hifi speakers posted in CL a bit more. several old Radio Shack Optimus large box, real wood veneer.
flashbacks...or old tennis shoes heavily smelly

You mean there is Tandy in Texas ? hahah On eBait, I can check sellers other items to see what part of the package is up for grabs. Radio Shack Nova speaker without grill for sale. Grill for Radio Shack Nova speaker for sale.

There's the woofer surround problem. Akai - doped cloth, RSL - install new foam(The Speaker Store had rubber, too), Tannoy and Minimus 7 - rubber surrounds, Bose - amazingly, foam still in good condition

well I missed it. Sold last night.....Carvin 50Wx 2 HiFi or Guitar amp.

---------- Update ----------

You mean there is Tandy in Texas ? hahah On eBait, I can check sellers other items to see what part of the package is up for grabs. Radio Shack Nova speaker without grill for sale. Grill for Radio Shack Nova speaker for sale.

There's the woofer surround problem. Akai - doped cloth, RSL - install new foam(The Speaker Store had rubber, too), Tannoy and Minimus 7 - rubber surrounds, Bose - amazingly, foam still in good condition

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/radioshack-chain-operator-files-bankruptcy-014721286.html

Radio Shack Bankrupt ...again

yeah, it was getting me down that hifi hole pretty quick, of course Id need a remote controlled preamp and a good CD player and a ...

I havent tried the 628 Symetrix yet! oh well. I did get a bunch of foam aurelex up almost 4 panels thick.that guy sold me piles of it for $25, probably had to take it down for a baby crib room.

That foam should come in pretty handy. It seems they could market it for the crib room, easy enough, hahah Just need rainbow colors.

I was wondering the 703 is highly touted as the HR top-dog, but foam does help remove drywall sounds and is an improvement over drywall, but maybe not thick pillows and mattresses against the wall.
I was wondering how many foam pieces thick would equal a panel of fiberglass/703 , in theory?
My ceilings are next but will probably get something light.

other than tracking noises its not too bad anyway these days for noise, and once the drummer gets going its a nonissue. its amazing how many pillows and blankets Ive rounded up just to fill this closet-bedroom , the shelves are getting filled and pillows piled, and sheets, comforters all coming in to be stored here.
as long as no ones taking a dump and flushing the toilet while Im whispering into a mic or plinking a violin its all good for noise.

theres always the enjoyable placebo effect too when stuffing the room up with items for sound.
my main test is always tossing on some known music and enjoying that too.
if it sounds good thats telltale sign its alright. right?

Attachments

• foam.jpg
    foam.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 0
Back