KRK Rokit RP6 vs. KRK Rokit RP8?

xPAULx

Hey! I'm starting up a simple home studio and iv narrowed monitor choice down to:
• KRK Rokit RP6
• KRK Rokit RP8

I'm unsure what speaker size to get? As it's only a bedroom sized studio!

Could anyone help me make a decision or even recommend any other good monitors?
Thanks!

monitors

For a bedroom I would think the KRK Rokit RP6 would be enough.

I have been looking at the following to replace my old ones.

Others to look at in this budget range are:

- Mackie MR5’s
- Alesis Monitor One MKII (recommended if listening at lower volumes)
- Yamaha hs50m (very flat)
- Tascam VLA5 or VLA4

The advice I have always been given is that you need to hear the monitors to choose them you will be listening to them a lot and although they are designed to give a true flat sound without added colour you still need to like the sound of them.

Roger

I have a good-sized space and went with an 8" monitors.
Think I'd go with 6" if I had to do it over again.
Definitely would go with 6" on a small room and even then you'll have to be careful how loud you push them.
(monitoring needs to be kept to a reasonable volume or you'll tire your ears and then make bad decisions...)

I just got the Rokit 5's a few weeks ago and they seem more than sufficient for me - I can't turn them up all the way without losing the remaining 50% of my hearing so I can't imagine 8" - I mean the bass would probably sound a lot better but I would think a sub would work just as well (KRK recommends one)

I was thinking about upgrading to VXT 6's but can't relaly justify the added expense...

After demoing the 5, 6, and 8's, I determined that the 5's had weak low end, the 8's were too boomy, but the 6's were just right.

Nothing beats buying/ordering both and comparing them in your own place. Make sure the losers' return won't be a prob, of course.

After demoing the 5, 6, and 8's, I determined that the 5's had weak low end, the 8's were too boomy, but the 6's were just right.

you say the 8's were too boomy? What genre to you mix mainly?

Would the 8's be good for mixing hip hop and r n b?

Back