KRK Rokit 8 problem

philoso1

Hi i'm trying to figure out what happend to my krk rokit 8 monitor last night. I was making music and suddenly the left speaker tweeter starts to crunch and go bad...I figured i might of blown the tweeter so i took so i pulled out the tweeters and swapped them but its still the same, the right speaker still works fine with the other tweeter and its still crunching on the left. Now im totally stumped i have no idea what it could be or how to fix it. Only thing i havent tried is swapping the wires but aside from that i dont know what else it could be. This really sucks too cause i have no warranty anymore on them and i cant afford new monitors atm. If anyone has any ideas i'd love to hear,
Thanks
Sam

Phew ok well thank god i just got it working again. I just tried bypassing my subwoofer and just using the monitors and now it sounds great so something is going on with the sub or one of my XLR cables or something. I wish i would of freakin tried this before i went and opened my monitors and swapped out tweeters =(, but o well atleast its working now and my monitor isnt done for.

Back