krk rokit 5

alevy

does anybody have these monitors. i dont really like them that much. for some reason the high frequencies dont come through that clear. these monitors seem real bass heavy. they are great speakers but not good enough for the price i paid. is there a way to combine some other sort of speakers with these so i can hear the high frequencies or is it better to just get a diffrent set of monitors?

I've got a pair and I love them.

They seem bass heavy if you get them too close to the back wall. I have the treble extension at +1Db and the volume @ +6. I have a volume knob on my FireBox which I use to control the level.

Point the tweeters at your ears and the woofers at your chin and don't try to use them at any more than 24" - 30" in an equilateral triangle. Play around with placement and settings before you decide to punt them --- they're some of the best inexpensive nearfields out there.

I have the exact same setup as scientist, KRK 5 with firebox and I love these monitors, I just bought them couple of days ago and compared with lotta other monitors at the store and I liked them the best even though they were the cheapest out there, yeah as scientist said play with your placement and also there is a HF filter at the back I keep it on 0 db you can try higher settings.

wow I didn't know about being close to the wall it makes a lot of sense now. the firepod is what you adjust the trebile with? if so how much does it cost?

No he uses the Firebox as his recording interface (it's a firewire soundcard with preamps) but it also has 2 outs for monitors, so he connects the monitors to his Firebox and uses it's level control as his volume for the rokits!

o.k. with a echo mia soundcard would that work? and where does he adjust the trebile at in a mixer on the computer?

Back