I just bought Nady Wireless In-Ear Monitors. Does anyone else use wireless stuff?

pistachio

So a couple days ago I bought this: http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Nady-E03-Personal-Ear-Monitor-System?sku=277500 and it came in the mail today.

What an awesome thing to finally have! After you open up the box and turn up the maximum output and turn on switch #4 (located inside, which turns off compression) it just becomes that much better. You definitely need to buy some better earbuds than the ones that come with it though.

Also, when you run this through a mixer the terrible "hiss" that everyone hears goes away about 80%. It also helps to stand at least 15-30 feet away from the transmitter.

This is probably the cheapest "wireless" in ear monitor system you can buy, but i'm so happy with it.

I'm wondering how many people here use these and what they think. =]

I've been close to buying the same setup as yourself, as well as wireless system for my guitar. It's hard to tell with Nady, judging by most of their reviews they're a hit or miss. Some last for years, others an hour, I may get around to trying one or the other, it's not too huge an investment.

After you open up the box and turn up the maximum output and turn on switch #4 (located inside, which turns off compression) it just becomes that much better.

Isn't that dangerous? Or do you have a limiter on your monitor output? I'd never use in-ear monitors without some type of limiter at some point between the mixer and my ears.

Back