How do I monitor inputs plus my laptop's output?

Airlane

My recently-purchased Behringer Xenyx 1002USB mixer, I’ve just discovered, does not allow me to play back tracks from my laptop (via USB or analogue input) while monitoring other input channels. Thus no multitrack recording is possible with this desk. That’s a disappointment as it’s what I bought it to do.

What is the lowest-cost solution to this? I want to record at home a simple setup of keyboards and electric guitar into my Windows 10 laptop, currently running Audacity but later a proper DAW.

You want to hear 1st track playing back while listening to a 2nd track you're recording - both in your monitors?

Do you see a USB/2-TR TO CTRL RM button?

My recently-purchased Behringer Xenyx 1002USB mixer, I’ve just discovered, does not allow me to play back tracks from my laptop (via USB or analogue input) while monitoring other input channels. Thus no multitrack recording is possible with this desk. That’s a disappointment as it’s what I bought it to do.

What is the lowest-cost solution to this? I want to record at home a simple setup of keyboards and electric guitar into my Windows 10 laptop, currently running Audacity but later a proper DAW.

Well you need to use the correct sound driver. You should have installed the ASIO4All driver and use that. If you use the usb compliant driver the os sets up, it will auto mute the outputs in record. also, you should be monitoring through the board.

I could say a few sentences about how wrong this device is designed. I'm not going to Bash Behringer (too much here) but I would get a real asio interface (most come with a DAW).

Back