Heavy Duty mic stand on sale-cheap

Richard Monroe

You probably know I'm not one for posting up every $2.00 off deal I see, but this really is phenomenal! I think this model has been discontinued, and I prefer it to the replacement:

Buy On-Stage Stands SB96+ Studio Boom Microphone Stand | Microphone Stands | Musician's Friend

For the record, do not confuse this bad boy with the cheap On Stage tripod stands they like to sell you six packs of. This thing can support a heavy condenser, such as an AKG Solid Tube 12 feet straight up in the air, or 8 feet horizontally without any problem, and absolutely doesn't tip over!. It has a huge footprint, and it needs to, to do what it does. The toothed-gear clutches don't slip, and it can be mostly disassembled and packed up fairly small for storage or travel. I've had 2 in my studio for about 7 years, and they are my go-to heavy duty boom stand for mics that really, really, can't be tipped over. They were the cheapest doesn't-suck heavy duty mic stand on the planet at $129.00, and Musician's Friend is blowing them out at $67.00 and change, with free shipping to the lower 48 states!
If your budget is tight, but you are tired of cheap boom stands that blow over in a stiff breeze, this is a certified no-brainer. Only very occasionally do I ever say this- Trust me on this one. This means you, Moresound.-Richie

I believe it, I believe it. :D

Yes everyone viewing this should purchase two of these!

Great find Richard.

Back