harmonica

d_squad54

Does anyone play the harmonica? I thought it would be a cool piece of equipment to add to our sound. Just looking for some info. Doesnt seem like it would be to hard to learn either.

d_squad54 said:
Does anyone play the harmonica? I thought it would be a cool piece of equipment to add to our sound. Just looking for some info. Doesnt seem like it would be to hard to learn either.

I play it badly :o Yeah, they are cheap fun.

I play a little. Diatonic - never tried a chromatic, but think it would be fun to try. diatonics pretty much play themselves, if you are looking for a pretty simple part. I never quite understood how Alanis Morrisette could play such an easy instrument so poorly.

It takes a bit of practice to dial in bends and flutters, and use your tongue and whatnot. I just recently spent far too long recording a harp part to a recording of Arkansas Traveller - probably one of the tougher songs I can play. It's tough at least to play fast.

I got a book that came with a CD (actually might have been a tape - I got it a long time ago), and would recommend the same. you'll get it down in no time.

We just recently started getting serious and I handle most the technical side. I realized I want to be more apart of it. LOL, sounds like harmonica is the way to go. It would give me a excuse to hang around while I pick up more instruments, like the trumpet or something, haha

Back