Hafler DH-200 impedance question.

planchette

Hello all! First time poster, but am very familiar with the site. Anyways, I recently purchased a Hafler DH-200 reciever which is rated for roughly 8ohms. I am planning to connect a pair of Yorkville YSM-1 which are rated at 6ohms. I understand the importance of matching impedance, but will this mixing of loads ever become a problem and/or damage either pieces of equipment? I plan on using this set up for playback/mixing through a Mackie cr-1604 on a Tascam 238. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

I don't think Hafler was into receivers, but I would trust the amp to do very good with modest speakers

It is a good amp - assuming its working right. Speakers do dip and problematic speakers will be well known

You should be fine. I've known quite a few with those Yorkies, and I'm pretty sure they weren't runnng 6 ohm power amps.
:D

Okay. Been running this rig a couple of hours everyday and everything seems to work fine. Wow. What a rich sound and with so much clarity. I'm hearing things in records that have never stood out to me before, it's eerie. This is a beautiful stereo combination! Cannot wait to use this set-up for mixing on recordings of my own. Thanks for the assurance RFR & garww !

While we're at it , can anyone recomend a decent reasonably priced tube reciever? I'm thinking of using the Yorks and Hafler as my main stereo set-up for home listening as well. I'm currently running an old beat-up Lafayette LA-975 reciever through a pair of even older (and MASSIVE) Bose M-501's at home. Looking to downsize a bit. The Lafayette has always been a bit too bassy for my preference, even when cutting the lows and boosting the treble full max.

Lafayette had some nice stuff and I remember being interested in a integrated tube amp - probably narrow it down by the talk on the web. I don't know if anyone would recommend a tube receiver, though there are legends.

I've got my 301 mkii in the bedroom with a dinky Akai A-6300 receiver. Haven't got around to it, but there's a HK 330b sitting there waiting its turn.

No idea what you might be looking for ? Here's a old sq-38 integrated amp;

Attachments

• sq-38f.jpg
    sq-38f.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 7
Well, since there is no input selection other than input/output on the Hafler, I would need something to select between record player/cassette etc. Doesn't nessecarily have to be tube, I was just throwing that out there. That 38 looks amazing! But am on somewhat of a budget right now.

Well, the hafler amp really needs a preamp section. That is the tone and selector switches, along with a phono preamp section. The Integrated amp is amp and preamp. The receiver adds the Tuner.

There are options, but you should consider the Hafler preamps. As an aside, The HK 330b receiver I have and Sanyo DC-410 intergated amp in my music room have back panel jacks between the the amp and front-end section. So, you could use those with the Hafler amp in a direct way

Back