Focusrite 2i4 clipping problem

samuelsegarra

Hey, I currently have a problem with my Focusrite 2i4 interface. When recording my active bass, I run into clipping, even if the pad is engaged and gin set to 0. I am willing to get another interface(with good quality pres) if this coud solve the problem. My budget is around 500€. Sorry if I am asking a stupid question, I appreciate any input.

Hey, I currently have a problem with my Focusrite 2i4 interface. When recording my active bass, I run into clipping, even if the pad is engaged and gin set to 0. I am willing to get another interface(with good quality pres) if this coud solve the problem. My budget is around 500

"Max Input Level +3dBu (+13dBu pad in) "

With the pad engaged ^ the unit has an input capability of close to 4 volts rms, surely good enough for even an active instrument?

But in any case, you do not have the usual passive guitarist's problem (whinge?) that "the tone sucks if I turn it down" ! An active guitar is buffered against cable loss (unless it is of daft, very poor design!).

You DO know you should only shoot for -18 even -20dBFS average levels? Even more important with bass because them is "peaky" bstds!

Dave.

Back