Eventide Eclipse vs TC Helicon Voiceworks

WzRd

This is my first post here -

I record live and in my home studio. Alesis HD 24 and a 24 channel 8 bus, fireport to SONOR 4 for post.

Have an M300, and a Digitech dsp 128+, DBX comp etc.. Crown MTs

I am thinking about adding a harmonizer -

TC Helicon Voiceworks = About $700
Eventide H3000D/SE (discontinued) = about $1000 EBay
Eventide Eclipse 3.o = About $1700

Has anyone used these? can anyone give me a comparison? It would be very difficult to get the $1700 and pretty easy to get the $700. I don't relish buying used - but for the right gear maybe(??)

Any suggestions?

I do everyting from 14 pc Jazz Band, to 4 pc honky tonk/pedal steel, 3 pc "mountain" band [guitar, vocals and tuba - believe it], and 5 pc "screamo" [my son's band]

Let me know

Thanks

I use a TC Helicon VoicePrisim Plus in the studio and live. It took awhile to learn how to program the many settings it offers. I really like this box. The harmonies sound real. I am not crazy about the effects. In fact I don't use them and send the signal dry to the board and add better sounding effects to the vocals.
I use a foot switch when we play live. I have all of our songs programmed into presets in the VocalPrisim. When it comes time for the harmony part I just step on the foot switch and sing the melody and the VP handles the harmonies. You can actually program the exact harmony notes you need to match your melody part. You can also program steps of harmony in a song if needed. That can be controlled by a foot switch as well.

Back