Editing Problem with TDK Burner

dbehrns

I have a really obscure problem with a TDK DA–3826 CD dubbing recorder. It’s a really sweet machine and does everything right except one thing. In order to edit a previously recorded music compilation, namely deleting some bad tracks, it is necessary to set up a playback program deleting those tracks from the playback sequence. Then, theoretically, when you set the machine to dubb to a blank target disk, the resulting recording should skip those tracks. Strangely enough, although it seems to playback the programmed tracks perfectly, when I try to dubb from the programmed disc, it completely ignores the program and copies every track. The manual states that when dubbing from a programmed disc, the machine will automatically default to real-time copying. With my machine, it records at any speed, 2X or 4X and copies all tracks. Am I doing something wrong or is this a machine problem? My only option is to record one track at a time which is a pain. I haven’t been able to find a TDK forum to submit my problem to. I’m hoping that there is a music recording freak out there that can solve my problem or tell me where to look.

Solution: Iwas pressing START button for Play Tray instead of RECORD Tray (the correct one) DUH!

New Problem: When recording from an ANALOG source the the recording is happening but headphones are dead. On my (earlier?) model DA 5700 I can monitor incoming Analog with no problem. It's a beautiful machine and I can't believe that they would be so stupid to remove that function. Any ideas out there?

Last edited:
Back