does the behringer xenyx 802 come with a usb audio interface?

mccullenmaster

i saw the model up from this and it comes with a usb audio interface. im setting up a home studio, so i know ill need one, but does the 802 come with one already? thanks in advance

No. it's an analog mixer. Do a search on Behringer mixers on this board, and you'll read too many horror stories about how they died, or were shipped already defective. My best advice is- accept that a mixer cannot be built for what Behringer sells them for without bad quality control and a good deal of suck factor. Consider this:

https://www.carvinguitars.com/products/single.php?product=S16

Of course, Carvin doesn't tell you that this duplicates the sound of the great neo-classic preamps, and that its pristine sound will take you to the next level. In other words, they didn't lie to you.-Richie

That would depend on the dealer. The USB audio interface you have referenced is a separate unit, which is not included by Behringer with any mixer. It *may* be included by the dealer as a package deal, at their discretion. Therefore you would have to ask the dealer. None of that will change the fact that regardless of the size, features, or price, Behringer mixers *suck*. They are not worth *any price*, because their average trouble-free life span is less than a month of regular use.-Richie

To correctly answer your question...

No, the Xenix 802 does not come with the UCA202 U-Control.

However, Behringer does offer other mixers that do include an interface similar to the UCA202 U-Control.

I actually own three Behringer mixers, along with other bits of Behringer gear, and have never had the slightest problem with any of it...

Two things you need to ask yourself:

1) Do you really need a mixer?

I cvan answer that one for you. The answer is NO! What you need is an audio interface. A mixer looks pretty but it's pretty well pointless unles you plan on mixing all your tracks to the stereo bus and sending that to disc. You will still have to mix inside the box unless the mixer is also a control surface. If the mixer is a control surface, then in all likelyhood it is also a recording interface which, hopefully will record as many independant tracks at a time as it has channels. But, if you want a mixer like that, you won't find anything under $1000.00 for the cheapest possible solution.

A good mixer/interface/control surface is expensive. Digi 003, M-Audio Projectmix and finally the venerable A&H Zed R16

Nothing cheap about that Allen and Heath. It's a sweet console/interface/control surface.

2) How many inputs do you need? That is a question only you can answer and in the end will determine how much you should consider for your budget.

Back