can i hook up my 808 sampler to my 1680 dig recorder to edit/tweak on my 1680 tracks?

videodrone

I want to be able to get all my separate tracks done on my 1680 for a song of mine, than with teh separate tracks I want to be able to hook up the 808 and tweak like the vocals on the 1680 and other tracks and than be able to save those changes and burn that to a CD form the 1680,

I basically want to use the 808 to appy effects to my 1680 tracks,

Yo Drone:

I'm not quite sure what you're after; however, with your 1680 you have plenty of tracks. But, you said you wanted to use your sampler for "effects."

If this means using like for reverb, I'm sure you can patch it into your system.

If you want to "add" something to existing tracks, then you can overdub.

I use the Yam 2816 and I can patch outboard effects; but, the effects built into the Yam are very good so I don't often do that. Or, I can patch the vocalist through the outboard FX and record that.

Since I'm a little fuzzy on exactly what you are after, I'm just offering some ideas.

Green Hornet :cool: :D :cool:

Yeah, I basically, want to use the 808, to add sound effects and samples to my 1680, which shoudl be easy,

but I also want to be able to take what I prev recorded on the 1680, and apply EFX from teh 808 to it,

For instance,

lets say I recorded a riff clean, than I want to take the 808 and add ditortion adn other effects to teh clean signal,

Yo Drone:

The only idea that pops into my head is, can you take the clean riff that has been recorded, run it out of your 1680 and into the sampler, AND then run the tweaked track out of the sampler and onto another track of the 1680?

Just a thought. I'm sure there is a way to do it.

Green Hornet :D :cool:

Back