Building a PA Cabinet

Clive Hugh

I am about to build a PA cabinet, I was just going to copy one of my existing cabs but have got some information on cabinet design that does not give actual dimensions only total volume. Do I assume right that within reason as long as it measures up in volume (cubic feet or litres) the size used to reach this is fairly flexible?

Clive Hugh said:
I am about to build a PA cabinet, I was just going to copy one of my existing cabs but have got some information on cabinet design that does not give actual dimensions only total volume. Do I assume right that within reason as long as it measures up in volume (cubic feet or litres) the size used to reach this is fairly flexible?

Basically, yes, as far as I know. You can also shave 10-20% off VAS and not lose much on the bottom end. This can save lots of space and weight on a 12 or 15" speaker cab. Who needs them to go to 60hz anyway? :p

boingoman said:
Basically, yes, as far as I know. You can also shave 10-20% off VAS and not lose much on the bottom end. This can save lots of space and weight on a 12 or 15" speaker cab. Who needs them to go to 60hz anyway? :p
Thanks, it's going to be pretty much used exclusively for micing up drums, so I want a tight, crisp sound.

Back