budget monitors

c9-2001

hey whats up everyone..
i need some quick budget monitors..the budget is like..$400 so i can't get the event trn8's.. but the 2 in mind right now are:
Fostex PM1
Behringer Truth

i can get the fostex for $275 and the truths for $300...
i have a friend that has the pm1's they sound nice..they can get a little boomy though

Most would probably suggest the Yorkville YSM1p, and rightfully so. They're probably gonna cost you a lil' more than either of those but entirely worth it.

i heard the trn5's i didn't like them much.. but that could have ben the room..
but the trn6's i guess could work..how much do they run

anyone use the PM1's other than me.. i've used them and the mix i did came out very clean.. but on them they're a little boomy..
i need some monitors that can handle a nice amout of bass under 40hz b/c i'm not getting my studio sub for at least another 4 months...

you wont find a speaker that goes down that low at all, much less accurately......id get smaller monitors like the TR5N's or YSM1's or Tannoy ProtoJ's if you are gonna be working with a sub......

i like mixing with V88's or hr824's with a 15inch sub.. i like mixing on 8inch monitor.. i get a overall better mix usually.. with 5's i tend to have great vocals but the music isn't great vs with 8ich monitors..
i'll look into the yourvilles.. where can i get the active ones and is there somewhere in Atlanta,Ga that i can model them

Back