Boss BR900CD Inputs

ALP

Hi Guys,

Another newbie I'm afraid.

Just wanted to ask if anyone can answer my question regards inputs on the BR900.

Being a bit of a soloist, I like to use the Guitar/Bass input with a really nice effect on there, but as soon as I plug the Mic into the XLR input I lose the crisp clear effect I selected for the guitar.

Bye the way, I'm using the simultaneous input selection.

Is there a way around this? What would happen if I was to use the TRS input, would it be the same deal?

Cheers

ALP

Are you trying to record a mic at the same as your DI guitar? With the BR600 I could only select one input FX at a time. If the 900 is hte same, record each separately.

Hey mjbphotos,

Thanks for getting back man.

At this stage I'm not recording anything, only playing guitar and singing to a backing track.
Trouble is, the XLR mic input somehow takes most of the guitar effect away. The manual actually states the Guitar/Bass input takes precedence over the Mic input when in fact it appears to be the other way around.
The more I think of these two inputs being used on the miscellaneous line in, it does make sense that one might affect the other.
This being case, what would my best option be to split the guitar from the mic as we know that with the inputs you can only have either one input on at any given time or the miscellaneous selection.

Regards

ALP

Back