? Behringer Xenyx QX2442USB - any issues ?

Those speakers with the sub-octave in the box, or, base will sound more natural, but it's not like the ear has that stereo need down there

I think Behringer admits to a 16/44 chip for the USB - even a $100 USB mixer will let anyone with a computer record. Not as good as the 24/48 in my Novation synth, but it works ! haha

The drums on the Casio would be more MPK-like. That Electronic thing came out of samplers with the Beats. Record the kick, snare, hats off the record and sample process. I hooked that up and with a bit of bass boost and some cut to the highs, the compressor knob could do OK.

The Trigger Finger Pro is most MPK-like, though it's PADs. MPK doesn't have MIDI DIN plug in the lower price ranges - just USB. The M-Audio was a nice USB package, though. 8 gb of samples, a great synth VST/i and the stand-a-lone computer driver that reads/catalogs all your VST/i and existing patches.

Akai sure does have the stuff, though - MPK, MPC, MPD.

haha. Well, this new mixer is the first thing with two headphone jacks. haha. I'm at 8 o'Clock on the volume knob

I've got the X2442USB Xenyx mixer. I've had it for about 3 years now. I really like the 8 direct outs for recording as it works great for recording 8 individual tracks at once, like drums. There are also a multitude of patches on the back of the mixer that are really nice. I use one of the stereo inputs for my stereo keyboards through SP-DIF from another computer and another for listening to the recorded tracks coming from my DAW. While I don't use the USB that much, I do have it connected so I can record and play tracks from the other computer (I have a two computer system). Looking at the QX2442USB Xenyx, I don't see much difference in it and the X2442USB Xenyx, except for the wireless mic addition. What's so special about it, over the X2442USB Xenyx? I do see that it's about $50 more expensive. Is this just the updated version of the X2442USB Xenyx?

Good to hear it is holding up. The x is still available, but I wanted to try the new Effects. I have old effects on the 1002FX. This doesn't have the jacks of my old, old, Tascam, but it's got enough that I can work with. The Tascam has Buss inputs that I can send my DAW groups out to L, C,C,R., though I usually use the preamp ins. No Rails in this box. There's always Plumbers strap : )

So far, one needs to be over the effects LCD to read anything is about my only negative.

Good to hear it is holding up. The x is still available, but I wanted to try the new Effects. I have old effects on the 1002FX. This doesn't have the jacks of my old, old, Tascam, but it's got enough that I can work with. The Tascam has Buss inputs that I can send my DAW groups out to L, C,C,R., though I usually use the preamp ins. No Rails in this box. There's always Plumbers strap : )

So far, one needs to be over the effects LCD to read anything is about my only negative.
Yes, I guess the effects are more advanced on the QX version. I've got enough effects in other places, but it is nice to have those on board effects, though. I like the tap feature, so you can adjust the rate of the echo to a specific beat. I know that isn't exclusive to these mixers, though. My sister has a Yamaha amp (about $100) that has the same feature. It can be interesting for sure, whoever thought of that was a genius.

Yes, I'm still quite happy with my mixer. I don't want to jinx it by saying much more. LOL.

Ya, my last guitar amp has tap and a looper - I expect to use it as a stompbox on a plane jane synth. I always need another delay, so I'm one richer, now : )

Back