Behringer Xenyx mixers?

Ok what's the difference between the Behringer Xenyx 1204 and the 1204FX?

Also is there a way to get Cubase LE for free since it does not come bundled with these mixers? Does any1 know what the recording software is like that you can download with this?

Thanks!
The difference is that the FX has effects, although if you're recording, you're probably better off with the effects on your pc. You can download tonnes of free legal vst effects(just google free vst and you will get sites like audiomastermind, vst4free, vst planet, etc). VSTs run with most recording programs.

The software you can download with those mixers is called audacity and is perfect for beginners. It's so easy to use. I love it even though i wouldn't consider myself a beginner anymore. I don't know if you can use VSTs with it though

Cubase LE isn't at great, I got it with my tascam fw-1804, you'd probably be better off getting cockos reaper for $50(that's what i did). It has a 30-day unlimited trial which still runs after 30-days, i think, but has an annoying box that pop-ups telling you to purchase a licence. They are an awesome company though.

You will only be able to record up to 2 tracks with 1 those mixers and the uca202 that comes with it.

How much are you wanting to spend and what do you need from it, and someone might be able to recommend something better?

Back