Behringer XENYX mixers?

Eyeski

Hi all,

I'm sorry for asking, but are those any good at all? I was looking at the top of the range 2442FX, when conparing it to the soundcraft e12. I like what the 2442's got to tell you the truth.

Anyone got one or have good reviews on it?

Cheers,

Chris

If you wait long enough, Mackie will sue Behringer over copying one of their designs (yet again) and they'll be taken off the market or renamed.

It's a pretend ripoff of the Mackie Onyx series. I wouldn't expect a lot from it, but it may have a feature set that works for you.

It's a little dangerous to do a "featuritis" type comparison between a mixer like those put out by Behringer (and other extreme low-ball pricing companies) and other comparably priced offering from other companies. The reason being that Behringer designs their gear to look good in the ads and to look like they are offering extra features for the money compared to the competition. That doesn't mean the gear sounds better or will last longer.

Someday when I have nothign better to do and more money than sense I would love to tear apart gear from different companies to compare workmanship, ICs, etc. and post the results just to get to the heart of where the rip offs really cheapen things.

SonicAlbert said:
It's a pretend ripoff of the Mackie Onyx series. I wouldn't expect a lot from it, but it may have a feature set that works for you.

It's a little dangerous to do a "featuritis" type comparison between a mixer like those put out by Behringer (and other extreme low-ball pricing companies) and other comparably priced offering from other companies. The reason being that Behringer designs their gear to look good in the ads and to look like they are offering extra features for the money compared to the competition. That doesn't mean the gear sounds better or will last longer.
Mmm, Think I'd be better with the E12 or M8 then.

Of course as usual the we hate Behringer boys come out, I have the 1832FX with USB and am DAMN happy with it. Quiet, great features and from what I can tell built well (I was a electronics technician for a number of years). :D

MadAudio said:
If you wait long enough, Mackie will sue Behringer over copying one of their designs (yet again) and they'll be taken off the market or renamed.

And the pre lawsuit models will gain a mistique that drives up their ebay values.

T Sat said:
Of course as usual the we hate Behringer boys come out, I have the 1832FX with USB and am DAMN happy with it. Quiet, great features and from what I can tell built well (I was a electronics technician for a number of years). :D

Then you will be able to repair the turd when something stops working on it. Most people don't have that luxury. I have a behringer mixer and have checked out many other models. None of them were "well built". They are built more like a dollar general baking pan. That's my only complaint about behringer gear. I might be wrong but I'm pretty confident that I could give one of the knobs or faders a good o' finger thump (remember thumpin your friends ears as a kid?) and send something flying. I may try this one day. :D

Back