Behringer Xenyx 1202FX - Mixed and Unmixed Output

jfmorales

A friend and I are interested in recording guitar and drums at the same time. The output needs to be kept in separate channels, unmixed, and routed through an input device into a laptop for recording and later mixing in Audacity. That way I can replace the guitar part later if necessary. However, for ease of playing it would be better to hear the guitar and drums mixed together as we play (not completely separated so that the drums are all in one ear and the guitar is all in the other ear). As near as I can figure out, the Xenyx 1202FX doesn't support this capability, to monitor the music mixed together while also outputting it completely separated. Does anyone know of a way to achieve this?

Thanks!

I guess, that's the difference between a mixer and a console. Of course, there is that muddle ground where you have usable routing.

You can bridge L&R at the headphone plug( maybe temp with a small safety pin, etc.) or get(make) a MONO adapter

Thanks, garww. Maybe what I really needed to buy was a console rather than a mixer? I'll have to look into that.

Meanwhile, I've experimented a little with using adapters to try to combine the phones jack output into mono. But so far, when I try that, only one channel comes through.

Maybe tuff to find, today, but I bought four MONO sets for tracking around '85. Recoton stuff. Pretty horrible and cheap, but what is tracking, anyway

Back