Behringer XENYX 1002 FX Problem

Hi guys.

I'm not exactly music-tech savvy, and I'm having a bit of trouble with my XENYX 1002fx. If you choose to help me please be patient with me asking "what does that mean" :rolleyes:

I have the mixer, and the L/R out is going into the speaker port on my PC. The L/R IN is going into the master out of my behringer BCD3000 and then finally my speakers are in the PHONES port on the mixer.

When I use Traktor 3 with my BCD3000, sound works perfectly. The controller works fine, sound works fine, everything is peachy.

However when I try to listen to itunes, use FL studio or youtube etc, basically anything to do with audio coming from my PC, it works but sounds really really muffled. There's no mid or high range frequencies. I've tried pressing all the buttons and turning all the knobs and I can't figure out how to fix it.

I've no doubt got it set up the wrong way but yeah.

The reason I don't have my speakers in the main out L/R is because I have Harmon/kardon soundsticks, so I only have 1 3.5 audio jack coming out of my sub which I usually plug into my PC to get audio. so I've got an adapter to make it one of those large audio jacks and that's in the Phones out of the mixer.

Sorry for the long post, hope you all have the time to read. Thanks in advance.

EDIT:
I just had to switch the IN and OUT RCA cables around and hit the CD/TAPE TO MIX button and all works fine. Hope this helps someone in a similar situation.

Last edited:
so new with this. can someone help me on what to press on that thing when recording. bought it used so I got no manual. tnx!

Last edited:
Yo! hi there man! I just bought my 1002fx with a UCA222. I can't seem to record anything. pretty sure got the cables right coz I can hear myself. what should I press when recording and when I want to listen? you seem to have luck on even running it. tnx dude, cheers

Yo! hi there man! I just bought my 1002fx with a UCA222. I can't seem to record anything. pretty sure got the cables right coz I can hear myself. what should I press when recording and when I want to listen? you seem to have luck on even running it. tnx dude, cheers

You should have read this thread before buying it for recording. What DAW are you using? DId you download and install the Behr drivers for the UCA22? DO you have the main out from the Xexyx going to the input of the UCA222?

You should have read this thread before buying it for recording. What DAW are you using? DId you download and install the Behr drivers for the UCA22? DO you have the main out from the Xexyx going to the input of the UCA222?

I solved the problem dude soo happy! I reinstall the driver. Maybe the first one is corrupt or something... Nice songs you got there man! Boston Beckoning is a gem...

Last edited:
Back