Behringer, a jem or crap?

Behringer stuff, a jem or crap?

• Behringer is great, I love their products!

Votes: 172 32.8%
  • Behringer is so so

Votes: 206 39.3%
  • Behringer sucks, don't ever buy from them

Votes: 87 16.6%
  • Don't care / do a search, lazy ass / don't own Behringer stuff

Votes: 59 11.3%

• Total voters
Depends on what product, genereally I find their amps are crap aswell as effects pedals for guitar - however, mixer wise and rack effects wise they are not bad for the money!

Anything particular in mind?

Docaroo said:
Depends on what product, genereally I find their amps are crap aswell as effects pedals for guitar - however, mixer wise and rack effects wise they are not bad for the money!

Anything particular in mind?

Interesting, I've mostly heard that their mixers really suck, especially the Eurorack series (do they make others that are under $500?). There actually was a Behringer rack effect module I was looking at... Can't think of the name at the moment though.

The amps I've tried were definitely sub-par. I mean just as bad as the ones you'll find on special at Wally World (Target, however, seems to have stuff made by Washburn, haven't checked it out though).

From the poll, I'm really looking for a general overview of Behringer's products even though I'm mostly looking at mixers (always looking for other toys! :D ).

Jason

They are what they are, what more can you expect for the money?

For that price, I think the mixers are an ok deal - however if you save a little longer you can buy something better for sure... just depends on your budget and needs!

Docaroo said:
...however if you save a little longer you can buy something better for sure... just depends on your budget and needs!

True that. What I'd really like is one of those $2000 mixers with a FireWire computer interface.... <drool> :p

Hmmm... Wonder how much my GMC Yukon is worth... ;)

Jason

Take it from an old pro like me ;) ;

Behringer makes the BEST gear on this planet. Superior craftmanship combined with flawless technology, Behringer utilizes the finest in electronic components creating the finest in professional recording products.

Behringer,the standard-bearer & all time industry leader, which all other rec'dig gear companies continuosly try to imitate,duplicate and emulate, will always remain in the fore-front due to thier cutting-edge technology.
From Behringer's supremely, ultimate-quality boards (SSL's Series J board is basically a cheap copy of Beh's MX9000) all the way down to thier UltraGain & other tube pres(did you know that Rupert Neve's classic 1073 was originally designed by the Behringer family of engineers then given to Rupe out of pity?), Behringer pro-audio gear will ALWAYS provide that top producer, $500 per-hr recording engineer, pro masterer, FOH mixologist and even the home recordist with the best in audio reproduction.

You'll never go wrong using Behringer gear...

D@MNNnnnn I luv crack........makes you talk so much stoopid sh#t!! :p

Now where in 'da h#ll is my f#ckin' pipe!!?? :mad: ................

i voted so-so. cheap is attached to every mention of this gear.

its mass mfg. of all of this stuff.
guitars in WalMart (rumor is they are to start carrying a Fender line!).
guitars in BestBuy
guitars in Target
so for me now, its like "consumer overload"...so much stuff, its like a Super WalMartWorld of Music Gear.

and though i appreciate the quality and workmanship of high quality gear.....i can understand Eric Clapton could play a Behringer $79 Ultra-pro guitar and probably sound better than me and anyone I know.

so whats that mean?
Skills are more important than the equipment/tools, i guess.

what i wonder is..
if Behri follows Fender and Gibsons path....will Behri come out with a "cheap" line? :eek: :p :rolleyes: :(

The only behringer piece that i own are the truth 2031A monitors, which were my first set of monitors.
The only decent piece of behringer gear i've come across is the headphone amp.

I use Behringer Monitors 2030P and they work well for me. Outside of these I'm not buying another piece of Behringer gear. Their mixers are to stay clear from, channels drop like flies. :eek:

MISTERQCUE said:
Take it from an old pro like me ;) ;

Behringer makes the BEST gear on this planet. Superior craftmanship combined with flawless technology, Behringer utilizes the finest in electronic components creating the finest in professional recording products.

Behringer,the standard-bearer & all time industry leader, which all other rec'dig gear companies continuosly try to imitate,duplicate and emulate, will always remain in the fore-front due to thier cutting-edge technology.
From Behringer's supremely, ultimate-quality boards (SSL's Series J board is basically a cheap copy of Beh's MX9000) all the way down to thier UltraGain & other tube pres(did you know that Rupert Neve's classic 1073 was originally designed by the Behringer family of engineers then given to Rupe out of pity?), Behringer pro-audio gear will ALWAYS provide that top producer, $500 per-hr recording engineer, pro masterer, FOH mixologist and even the home recordist with the best in audio reproduction.

You'll never go wrong using Behringer gear...

D@MNNnnnn I luv crack........makes you talk so much stoopid sh#t!! :p

Now where in 'da h#ll is my f#ckin' pipe!!?? :mad: ................

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Boy you Madd Krazeeee!!!

I have a behringer patch bay that a friend gave me... its actually pretty cool: easier to switch normalling schemes than the standard take-the-board-out-and-flip-it varieity. I also want one of their headphone distributors. Cheap. And its a headphone amp. (shrug)

I'm glad that behringer is there for folks who want entry level stuff with decent features and a low price. I figure its better for those getting started to a) learn on stuff that offers a full range of features and b) don't need to feel like they've invested the kid's college fund in their first piece of gear. I don't buy the stuff, though. Since I live near San Fran and there's LOTS of used gear around, I tend to go for stuff that was GREAT 20 years ago and cheaper now than the new crap availible today.

Take care,
Chris

The Behringer gear that I own is not my weakest link.
I am the weakest link.

If Behringer made very expensive equipment I think I would have chose another hobby.

Last edited:
This is the wrong question. Behringer makes adequate gear for its price point. That's all.

The more pertinent questions are "What do you need," "What are your expectations for the money you are laying down," and "Are those expectations realistic?"

If you go at it that way, the question will answer itself - being not "is it golden or crap" but "is it what I should be getting right now." Big difference.

I do use Behringer gear, by the way. I don't like the company or its marketing. I really don't like its competitive practices,which I believe to be at best unfairly aggressive to the point of being predatory, and at worst sometimes illegal.

But the gear serves a purpose for me - I've used a couple of mixers that do what they are supposed to do - not really well, but they do work. I've found the very small mixers can be handy as useful subrouting devices, direct boxes and so forth. Right now I'm using a little box as a patchbay / splitter for a subwoofer circuit in my live rig. It lets me use an old Soundcraftsmen amp to fire a pair of subs from one signal without bridging. I have a pair of crappy direct boxes, but even that is better than no direct box when you need an extra.

Behringer is the top-choice for the All-Chinese component HR setup. :rolleyes:

With a handle like cowboyj shouldn't you be looking at something Hecho In USA??? Or at least something British.

For the money I think that Behringer makes some decent stuuf for the low budget enthusiast. By the way, the Motu 828MkII is a great firewire component for just 800 dollars.

Doesn't Behringer also make wine!!?? I think so.........

Prob'ly tastes like a 40oz of Olde English 800!

Attachments

• Cheap Behringer wine.jpg
    Cheap Behringer wine.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 2,384
Back