Behringer BCF-2000 Vs Presonus Faderport

scdaymon

Hi there guys,

I really need your help on this one.
I'm searching for a Control Interface for my DAW (Reaper), and I'm on a tight budget (aren't we all).
For all my researches, these 2 control interfaces are the ones that I can afford, but I really don't know what to choose.

For what I know:

Behringer BCF-2000 (a little more expensive than the Presonus) has 8 motorized faders, but not touch sensitive.
I guess that means that for automation it's useless. Can you confirm that?
Also, seems to be lousy (even tho I don't give a crap to that).
The Presonus Faderport , only has one fader, but motorized and touch sensitive, so it would be a great stuff... but again...with just one lame fader (I also heard that the pan knob is useless).
I really don't know what to choose.
I have a one man's band projet (Insomnia Asylum - check it out on bandcamp, I released and album last year), and I record electric and acoustic guitar, voice, bass, keyboard, and programming drums.
What would you advice?

Is writing automation really lame with Behringer BCF-2000? Otherwise, I would dive for that one (8 faders... is awesome stuff).

Thanks in advance guys ;-)

You can automate in the DAW/Reaper too. So is the motorized mixing board that needed? Or you like the control of the faders instead of a mouse?

We just sold one for $45, Yamaha ProMix great shape and all the faders moved....but when you dont need something you dont need it. But it was cool to watch how those fader motors worked, what a weird thing, and cant imagine all the motors in there and memory to make it all work was genius....
never had one before.

the Behringer controller is interesting, you control the DAW functions with the board instead of a keyboard and mouse?

Attachments

• Behringer BCF2000.png
    Behringer BCF2000.png
    613.6 KB · Views: 8
Yes, you can control a lot of the DAW features with the interface (with Behringer and with Presonus also).
Sure you can automate with the mouse within the DAW, but it's a bit of a "pain in the ass", since it's not as near as intuitive as a fader. That's how I mixed an entire album... just with the keyboard and the mouse... but you can't deny the workflow gain of an interface: much faster, much intuitive, and mixed with the ears, not the eyes. That's really an improvement. But I fear the lack of sensitive faders of the Behringer.... even if I 'm really attracted by the 8 faders. Well, I hope some of you guys can enlighten me... ?

Back