Aw4416 Aw2816

Raticus

Beatz for the Streetz
Does any one know if this units can be a control surface for Nuendo? ALso does anyone know the method in which these units would route audio to a pc?

Raticus

Thanks Gents...

Also which is a better value being that they are around the same amount of money.....

Raticus

Yo PackRat:

Better check your pricing -- the 4416 cost almost double the cost of the 2816. I just got a 2816 because it has more "stuff" in it than the 4416. Although Yamaha is busting ass to update the 4416.

Can't answer your first question as I don't know about "nuendo."

I'm sure you can route information to a PC as the 2816 has an extra port for something; but, you can find out by contacting the Yamaha techies on the Yam site and asking.

There is also a 2816 site which I believe is www.2816.com.

More and more information is finally coming to sites about this unit. I just got the "free" instructional videl from Yamaha regarding the 2816 -- the chick speaks faster than a crook caught for the third time facing 200 years in prison. Alas, that's the Yamaha education section -- they are very dumb.

Green Hornet

:D :D :p

Thanks Mr. Hornet...

I dont know but I am finding the 4416 as low as $2300.00 and the 2816 for about $1900.00 there is about a $500 diff roughly.. My question was it worth the extra 500?

Raticus

Yo Raticus:

One difference between the 28 and the 44 is that the 44 has 16 sliders. The 28 only has 8 sliders and a switch/off for the other 8 channels.

The 28 comes with software that was not in the 44 but the 44 is being updated.

You're probably right about the shorter difference in dollars. Because of updates coming for the 44, vendors were slashing prices to get rid of any they had in stock. My vendor made an offer but I stuck with the 28 because it was supposed to be easier to navigate.

The video does help. I've been through it a couple of times. But as I mentioned, the chick doing the voice over speed talks and you have to go back and listen a few times before her locutions locate the brain.

Either unit is good, especially for the "sound."
Happy New Year
Green Hornet

Last edited:
They are selling the 4416's really really cheap in OZ at the moment.

I suspect there is a new one on the way ;);)

cheers
John

Thanks for the feedback gents...

Are u guys impleying that they are coming out with a new AW4416 or they will be upgrading the software?

Rat

Yo Rat Man:

The "updates" are already on the Yamaha site (s). There are more updates than I really understand. Why buy something and then have to make it better by downloads? Why not buy it with the "stuff" installed?

But, that's show biz. I'm sure either the 4416 or 2816 will do the job one way or another update.

Green Hornet

:D :D :p :p

Is it a control surface????

And if you know:

Can I use the ADAT Output on the AW4416 and connect it to a TOSLINK connection on my PC Soundcard?

Rat

Yo Ratorius of Rat:

You are asking questions that I cannot answer. But, if you contact the Yamaha site and post a techie, they will give you an "exact" answer.

I made contact with Yam about a couple of things I wanted to know and got a very prompt response via E-mail.

Since you seem more in touch with more than I touch, I suggest you contact Yamaha for answers because not too many on this site are using the 2816/4416 at the moment; however, it will grow.

Happy New Year Rat
Green Hornet

Back