Aux sends feeding the cue mix

karambos2

Up to now, I've been communicating with the tracking room via the PHONES socket on my Behringer Eurorack MX2642A

However, I'm aware that some (most?) people cue using the aux sends. But the aux sends on my desk are mono i.e. when I plug my headphones into one of the aux sends, it only comes through in one ear. Whereas the PHONES socket is stereo.

Am I to take it that when creating a cue mix using aux sends, you need a seperate mixer in the tracking room in order to be able to have a stereo mix?

What if you had two musicians each needing a headphone mix but one wanted, say, more guitar/less vox and the other more bass/less guitar?

Yep, you do indeed need a headphone amp. You can feed it a stereo signal, and it will generally split this stereo mix into a handful of headphone outputs. There's probably an easier way, but I use two aux sends (left and right) for a stereo send. If you need multiple mixes into the record room, you may need more than one headphone amp, or maybe there's one out there that'll take more than one stereo mix and distribute it somehow.

Back