ART PRO VLAII compressor video review

Robus

I have been using this outboard compressor and it's sister unit, the ART PRO MPA II mic preamp, in my input chain for about three years. I use it for tracking everything. I've found it to be a smooth compressor that adds a bit of warmth without imposing too much on the signal. It works on guitars, vocals, keyboards, bass, etc.

There have been a few threads about the PRO VLA II over the years, including one recently.

Here's a review. If you don't know Glenn's channel, he's entertaining.

ive got the original magazine on its release. opto comp....ala LA2A....the review then was positive but no la2a but a cleaner comp and less unit noise than a lot of the old la2a's it said. of course its a two channel and it mentioned the single Levelar and there was a stereo Levelar cheaper.
maybe some of the very first Tube gear for HR without spending the price of thousands.

the video showed the vocal track as a great example of really compressing but its cleaner with out the bottom end noise.

His "How to use a compressor" vid is great. Dead simple explanations that take all the mystery out of it.

Back