Apex SD-1 Studio Desk

Boots49

Hi,
Does anyone have or have used a Apex (Yorkville) SD-1 studio desk?
I'm looking at purchasing one and seeking reviews.
Thanks all!!!

Boots

Just realized I may have misworded my post above.
I'm not looking for a used Apex SD-1 studio desk, but looking for feedback/review from anyone who has one.
Thanks all!

Boots

Just making sure there is no one out there who owns or has owned the Apex SD-1 mixing/studio desk.
Interested in knowing if it's solid and worthwhile.
Thanks all!
Boots

the adjustable monitor shelves seems like a ok option.

it would be nice to have them on wheels, I know moving my desk, which is only legs, has caused weak spots in the particle board. thats what I dont like about my desk....

other than that it just sits there.

my bad...i was talking about the table i have, which has straight legs screwed to the underside and by sliding it a few times the leg ripped the particle board in half....which is the point I was making,, maybe a desk with wheels would be good.

i dont own that exact same desk. so I dont know if the APEX desks are particle board.
If they are, be careful in sliding it around is what my input was. (or get one with wheels?)

Suggestion!!

Hey Boot!! I think you are trying to purchase the old one?? Am I right?? Sorry to say this!!
But even if you'll be able to purchase it then after few months it would be really difficult for you to repair it and all, so instead of this why don't invest a little now so that to have a happier future?? I know it would cost a bit more but the thing is you'll not have repair it again and again !!
Lastly the decision is up to you!!

Hey Boot!! I think you are trying to purchase the old one?? Am I right?? Sorry to say this!!
But even if you'll be able to purchase it then after few months it would be really difficult for you to repair it and all, so instead of this why don't invest a little now so that to have a happier future?? I know it would cost a bit more but the thing is you'll not have repair it again and again !!
Lastly the decision is up to you!!

No, actually I am looking to purchase a new Apex SD1.
I am looking for feedback from anyone who has one as to how well it's made and how it's working out for them

Hey Boots, the SD1 is a great desk! I have had mine for about 1 year and it is solid with real wood no particle board in all aspects.

I would recommend either of the SD1 or SD2 to any recording buff.

Back