Analog RCA Connection Question For Roland DS Series Monitors

Foothilla

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post here, and it's probably a pretty dopey one, but I need help. I looked online, researched, and just can't seem to resolve this issue.

I have some Roland DS-50a monitors that I've had no use for (retired my Roland VS1880). I bought an Auris BluMe Bluetooth module, and I want to hook it (or any RCA output device) into the Analog inputs of one of the DS-50a monitors (running it mono). So, I bought a RCA-to-TRS cable, put the speaker into "analog" and "L+R" modes, and plugged it in. It acts funky. The mix is weird, it cuts in an out, and just acts generally erratic. If you wiggle the TRS plug going into the Roland inputs, it will alter the sound, almost like there is a short - only there is no short in the cable, and it happens in regardless of which DS-50A I test it on. So, it's clearly not a short in the cable, or speaker.

I tried the both speakers, different cables,...and always the same result. The Roland DS monitor manuals say that you can plug a TRS into the analog input. But, it's like there is some kind of capability issue when you go L/R RCA into TRS, into the Roland.

My goal is to break up my two DS-50A's into two different small auxiliary rooms in my house, and have a set of RCA cables hanging from them, so that I can hook whatever I want into them (mixers, CD players, Bluetooth mods, whatever). I just want one speaker in each room (mono), because they are tiny rooms with limited space. The extra boom and stereo separation isn't necessary.

So, could someone tell me what I am missing here? Why can't I just go (L/R) RCA-to-TRS, directly into a single DS-50A and have it work?

Thanks in advance guys. I am really frustrated and will be really grateful if someone can help.

Back