Alesis MultiMix Firewire

Jae Smallz

I'm thinking about upgrading a few things when it comes to my setup. I want to will if the MultiMix Firewire mixer are any good? Plus, does the 12Firewire or 16Firewire have enough inputs to hold the equipment below. Right now, I have a UB802 mixer so I really don't know how many actually imputs in need to hold everything.

Equipment
-Roland XV-5050
-Roland Fanton XR
-Triton Rack
-Motif ES rack
-Technics turntable

The jump I'm making is
-PC to Mac
-Fruity Loops to Logic

So...
Is the MultiMix Firewire any good?
Will the mixer hold all the equipment I listed?

I'm pretty sure that the Mulitmix firewire output is only the stereo master send.
Thats how the USB version was. If I'm wrong, the price just doesn't seem right, too low.
I've got a Presonus Firebox, it's great, for my needs. You can link up to four Fireboxes (or Firepods or Inspires) together to give you more inputs. I don't know if you can do that with others.

Firewire multimix will send all channels to pc...

I just purchased the multimix 8 firewire...
it will send 10 channels of audio to the pc simultaniously,
as well as two back from the pc...

will be setting it up this evening or tomorrow when I go and pick it up.

:o)

Be sure and go to their web page and download the newest drivers for the unit you are getting. I have a friend who has one of the Alesis multi's and ha had a lot of crashes with their first drivers when those boards came out. Seemed to be some kind of Windows XP SP2 problem. He's downloaded new drivers a couple times since he got it so they sem to be working on the problems with them. I talked with him yesterday and he said it was doing fine now.

yup all installed (latest drivers and all, and very happy with it so far... I put my thoughts in the Alesis brand section of this BBS... :o) Cheeers... Loving it so far...

:o)

Back