24 Tracks Control Behringer-Buy or Sell? How can I simplify my workflow.

audiofxstudios

What a challenge.
Im simple, I like old school play rewind fast forward record
push the button and go
Ive had tape machines, Adats, HD 24, and now using the Behringer X Touch with 2 Extenders to have 24 tracks of control.
Its a studio in my home, mostly for my projects.
I find I havent been using the X touch at all, other than play and record.
Thats expensive 2K for just a few buttons. I stand when I play and record and find I wish I had my mics plugged in with faders and eq on my 7 foot rack so that I can walk up and pull the fader up and use the eq. believe it or not Ive been looking at the really old Tascam M-208 Mixer. Then I though for control I could use a Presonus faderport. 1 channel, with the simple controls.
I use reaper, and mis with harrison mixbus. Im going into a clarett 4 pre.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

Y'know, I'm not real sure what to suggest.

You have a rig a lotta guys would drool over. If you put it up for sale, more than a few might say, "wow, i wish i had the cash for that!" Could be. So it's possible that it would work great for SOMEone. Not me, though. I'm running many more channels than that, already.

But if that rig don't work, then yes, it's time to find the rig that does. We've all been there. I REALLY thought this would be the Best Thing Ever, but then it just didn't work out. Anyone that's been in this scene for more than a few years -- or more than a few thousand dollars -- has had that exact experience.

I don't record standing up. I don't mix standing up. About all i do is pee standing up, really. Everything else comes with a chair. So my needs and preferences sound like they won't work for you. Wish i had something, but this sounds like an oddly specific and uniquely personal challenge.

Like you, I like old analog mixers and "one knob-one function" layouts. It took me forever to get used to my two Behringer 3248 mixers. But i did. And, to top it off, they work pretty well as control surfaces when i'm mixing in the box. But that's me.

EQ <---sitting down

Y'know, I'm not real sure what to suggest.

You have a rig a lotta guys would drool over. If you put it up for sale, more than a few might say, "wow, i wish i had the cash for that!" Could be. So it's possible that it would work great for SOMEone. Not me, though. I'm running many more channels than that, already.

But if that rig don't work, then yes, it's time to find the rig that does. We've all been there. I REALLY thought this would be the Best Thing Ever, but then it just didn't work out. Anyone that's been in this scene for more than a few years -- or more than a few thousand dollars -- has had that exact experience.

I don't record standing up. I don't mix standing up. About all i do is pee standing up, really. Everything else comes with a chair. So my needs and preferences sound like they won't work for you. Wish i had something, but this sounds like an oddly specific and uniquely personal challenge.

Like you, I like old analog mixers and "one knob-one function" layouts. It took me forever to get used to my two Behringer 3248 mixers. But i did. And, to top it off, they work pretty well as control surfaces when i'm mixing in the box. But that's me.

EQ <---sitting down

I heard that when you mix standing up it give it a warmer sound so I do everything standing up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! baha
all kidding aside
I mix sitting of course but when Im recording
I cant seem to do it fast enough like the old days

Back