$20 speakers.....

You could use them, but I wouldn't recommend it. Those aren't going to be anything close to flat, and piezo tweeters in particular aren't good for fidelity.

Also feedback is caused by having speakers firing into an open mic, that would be an unusual scenario while mixing . . .

what about the second pair? I dont think they need a amp, I dont know if there monitors or pc speakers...
Im trying to find a cheap solution to monitoring, So far no luck.
I seen some one selling sum in the ads section but there were gone b4 I responded........lifes a b-tch

dirtyp said:
what about the second pair? I dont think they need a amp, I dont know if there monitors or pc speakers...
Im trying to find a cheap solution to monitoring, So far no luck.
I seen some one selling sum in the ads section but there were gone b4 I responded........lifes a b-tch

I think those do need an amp. Anyway, those are probably a better choice than #1 for dirt cheap monitors, the problem is the woofer is too small for much bass response.

cheap monitors

I used for quite a long time Bose Roommates. I think they even make a rack mount for them. :cool:

Man one thing u dont want to do is be cheap with monitors. I say just use some headphones until u can get you some decent monitors. I understand u probally want to save all you can but monitors are very important. Is your budget $50 bucks or below or what is it? CHeck out the monitors below I would recommend those over the two up above. Those first speakers are a pure rip off dont go for them not worth using in my opinion. Below is a link to some monitors at musiciansfriends for 100 bucks try searching for them on ebay u might can get them cheaper but I dont really recommend second hand monitors inless u can test them out before buying. Look for some M-Audio DX4's or BX5's monitors those usually go for a good price.

Nicole

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/rec/navigation?N=100001+702019+304899+7&page=1

well my plan was to wait and spend around 100-150,
and I was looking on there for some cheap used ones and I saw them for 25 so I was like fuck it. they had some fostex not sure what version for 80.
the 1st ones are probaly good for peforming.
the 2cd ones look like pc speakers.
im growing impatient waiting just lost my job for the second time in three months so my money is getting messed up.

Well are u goin to take what I said into consideration(sellin those speakers locally)?

Nicole

dirtyp said:
well my plan was to wait and spend around 100-150,
and I was looking on there for some cheap used ones and I saw them for 25 so I was like fuck it. they had some fostex not sure what version for 80.

Which Fostex? Fostex makes some nice full-range drivers that are fairly cheap.

Back