• They Both Rock

Votes: 63 27.6%
  • They Both Suck

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
Oh goody.........

This topic continues to remain on the top because it keeps getting bumped by someone................ why? I have no idea. Who gives a crap anyway?

That was the reason for which i created this article a few years ago, por people to have something in order to compare drummers. 'Classification of an Advanced Drummer'. Not drummer need to be classified as, ' Advanced' to play, if you are making money which what you are playing, or doing, and having fun there, there is nothing wrong with that. This is my classification for the training of percussion which I'm conducting and, what I used to compare drummers. 1.- Concept of Timing.. .2.- Control of Speed... 3.- Mastering of the structure of music which you have been playing.. .4.- Coordination of the upper-limbs, (arms)... 5.- Coordination between the upper limbs and lower limbs, (arms and feet)... 6.- Grooving, fill-Ins and Solos... 7.- Mastering of the Dynamics and Projection...8.- Use of the Cymbals...9.- Ability to play combine time signatures, like, 5/4. .6/8.. 7/4, etc...10.- Level of Independency in the extremities, (arms and feet)...11.- Coordination between the drummer and the other Percussionist, (if ever played with one)...12.- Interaction between the drummer and the rest of the Band members. Not everybody wants to become an Advanced - drummer, but for those which the intention, here they could have something to work with. Gerry Zaragemca

They're both good, real good. I dig the Foo's.

But they're in no competition with great drummers like Neal Peart or Ginger Baker, Stewart Copland....

Back