Should I get EZdrummer or Addictive Drums?

EZdrummer or Addictive Drums?

• Total voters

Greythunder

Now, I do NOT have enough money as of now for either one of these, but I want to know what I should save up for. EZdrummer being cheaper, I would rather save up to this since I have a ton of other stuff to save up to as well. Is AD a ton better than EZD? If EZD is sufficient, I will get that, but if AD is just that much better, I will get that.

Please vote and tell me which you prefer. Thanks.
And if you have any other possible suggestions of programs such as these in the $150-$200 range, please tell me. Thanks, guys!

Holy crow!!! I can afford that right now! I won't even need to save up for it or anything.
Well, now it doesn't matter. I'm getting Addictive Drums. Thank you SO much for posting that!

Yeah, ezd takes a slightly different approach. I also have the SSD platinum. After switching over to Win7, I never loaded them up again. Took too long to learn how to use them. lol.... I'm lazy, that's why ezd is so good for me. :o

Well, I just want something that works, and from my research, AD works fine. Plus, I'm on a very tight budget right now, so this sale was a miracle for me. I am very happy about this. Thank you, Guitargodgt. You literally just saved me $50 to $100 here.

Ugh, I know all about the pangs of a tight budget. Good luck and let us hear your music in the MP3 clinic when you're ready.

I would have loved to snag that deal myself this month but for some reason I just can't bring myself to get another drum library. I own superior and all the SDX libraries except the custom and vintage one (well, and evil drums but that's 3rd party).

I also own steven slate platinum and a few EZX expansions as well.

The demos of addictive are very impressive to my ears. The demo was a bit crap but it was cool to check it out.

So I did end up snagging AD ($99 is a steal for any library), and I just picked up BFD Eco since it's currently on sale for $29! Still own and use Steven Slate Plat as well.

I got to say, I still think Toontrack's Superior Drummer is the winner here.

Funny but this thread was resurrected and AD (at the provided link) was still on sale for $99.

Needless to say, I bought it.

I'm still trying to get a plan together for drums,
and this looks pretty good.

I've 'mersed myself in it for the past couple
of days and so far I actually understand it.

I just need to figure out how the easy way to get the KP's
and OH / Room to split onto separate tracks in PT.

Just figured it out.
That was easy.

AD can be really cool - but the kits can take some serious tweaking, at least for me. I am not a fan of the room sound. I really like the overheads. A lot of time I will jack them way up and compress. Don't like the verbs and find I don't need em if I bump the overheads way up. YMMV :-)

One thing that was a minus for me was the processing inside AD. Totally worthless IMO, just rout all the mics to your daw separately and use plugins on them. Leave all that silly AD compressor/eq/whatever off.

Yeah, I definitely agree. Turn off everything in the FX. The samples are good, the effects sound like you paid $100 for drum sounds, and $1.75 for all effects.

Abbey Road...amazing, NI had a sale on Im not sure if it still has??

I have the full set plus studio drummer and theyre the most realistic drums Ive ever heard

Back