EZDrummer 2

Yeah....$75 as the cheapest I've ever gotten them for.

I was considering the Roots SDX...but based on the video demo and what's listed...I didn't really care that much about it.
The Rock Warehouse I mainly got for the cymbal selection, which has tons of Zildjian cymbals, unlike many of the other SDX packs which are more Paiste choices. There's some thin and dark crashes in the Warehouse library that I'm hoping will round out what I have from the other SDX pack.
Plus....it's got a different Rock flavor than the other SDX packs I have.

Vintage & Custom I just got fill out things, and maybe pull a couple of drum sounds out of. It was just too attractive at $75 not to get it. :D

NY Vol 3 isn't mind-blowing, but it has some nice stuff, and it completes my NY Studios set.

One other pack that is really nice, different...is the Classic EZX pack. It has a full mic setup and a 4 mic setup, and it has that retro Rock vibe.

At this point, I'm fine tuning and building my own kits by using the X-Drum feature in Superior Drummer. First finding a base kit sound from a pack, and then bringing in and swapping out drums/cymbals from other packs as X-Drums.

I understand that, and its what I'm trying to avoid at this point on these particular projects - they are all mixed except for tweaking, the last thing I want to have to do is go back in and re-set them up, possibly screwing up what I might have done for levels, sends, etc.

OK, I guess I have to take back what I said earlier. I just now opened an older project that was created with EZD1. When EZD2 loaded, it did in fact retain the old EZD1 multi-out tracks. As far as I can tell, it left everything as it was when I had used EZD1 to create this project. Maybe it was my imagination that it jacked with those other projects? No telling...

OK, I guess I have to take back what I said earlier. I just now opened an older project that was created with EZD1. When EZD2 loaded, it did in fact retain the old EZD1 multi-out tracks. As far as I can tell, it left everything as it was when I had used EZD1 to create this project. Maybe it was my imagination that it jacked with those other projects? No telling...

Ok .... maybe I'll ask over at the reaper forums. Hell of a lot of work for me to stem render all my mixes with EZD1!!

On the Reaper forum they said upping to EZD2 doesn't affect the tracks done in 1, but I still wonder .... Going to at least finish the song I'm working on first!

Finally got around to d/l-ing EZD2, installed it, but for some reason in Reaper, EZD1 still comes up, can't get EZD2 to appear as a plug-in. I added the folder to the Plug-in paths, and EZD2 works as stand-alone.
Haven't had more than a few minutes to try to get it working, and haven't gone to the Repaer forums yet. Any ideas?

Now I'm totally f*cked. Per some suggestions on the reaper forum, I cleared the cache/rescanned, re-installed EZD2, rescanned. Got all sorts of error messages, assume because EZD or other plug-ins had missing files. Now NO EZD plug-in appears in my FX. That means all my previous tracks will have the error in them because EZD isn't there.

Solved! For whatever reason, the EZD2 installation put the plug-in dll into a different file location (Programs/Common Files/VST3) Just lucked into finding it when I hovered over something in the stand-alone version.

Glad that you got it sorted! EZD and Melodyne are the two VSTi plugs on my system that always seem to insist on that Common Files directory for the dll files and I keep forgetting to change that default during installation.

So how are you getting along with EZD2?

Glad that you got it sorted! EZD and Melodyne are the two VSTi plugs on my system that always seem to insist on that Common Files directory for the dll files and I keep forgetting to change that default during installation.

So how are you getting along with EZD2?

Haven't really done much with it yet, I like the new features, like being able to change the number of hits, and which drums/cymbals are used in a loop, but haven't done anything more than throw a loop into a session to record to.

Still trying to figure out how to set the default so that the reverb and compression are off when I kick it on.

Holy shit, I am totally amazed at the upgrade to EZdrummer 2. I thought the first one was great, but geez ... they've gone above and beyond here. The "Tap to find" feature is awesome for locating patterns, the loading time for each kit is very fast now (one of the few things that was a bit annoying on EZD1), and the sounds are just amazing. It gets my vote for best bang for the buck in the entire world of home recording. Just awesome.

Back